Full course description
Emergency Medical Technician Program
Day, Evening or Hybrid Programs Available
January 8 - April 14, 2018
When Seconds Count
97 Boston St., Salem, MA 01970
The Day and Evening programs at When Seconds Count offer comprehensive classroom & practical training, including the opportunity to observe an ambulance crew and their operations during an Ambulance Ride-Along and Emergency Room Observation Time.
Section 1: Evening Program meets from January 8 - April 14, 2018, Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm and includes 3-5 Saturday Sessions that meet from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Section 2: Hybrid Section (Hands-on portion) meets from January 9 - April 14, 2018 and will meet on Tuesdays, from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm and includes 2 -5 Saturday Sessions that meet from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. All textbook work will be delivered online and completed on your own time (E-Book and Textbook). Course requirements: iPad/Tablet or laptop/Desktop Computer
Section 3: Day Program meets from January 16 - April 14, 2018on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10;00 am - 3:00 pm and includes 3-5 Saturday Sessions that meet from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Students will receive a Healthcare Provider CPR Card from When Seconds Count through the American Heart Association upon successful completion of the required CPR course which is included with our program. After successfully completing the EMT Program, students receive a When Seconds Count Certificate and are eligible for the National Certification and State Licensing Examinations.
To be eligible for the State EMT Certification Examination you MUST:
- Be able to read, understand and communicate in English;
- Be 18 years of age
- Be free from addiction to alcohol or any drug;
- Be free from any physical or mental defect or disease which might impair his/her ability to provide emergency care within the scope of the EMT training
- Early registration is recommended as seating is limited!
- A tuition payment plan is available upon request. Please call us for more information! Call When Seconds Count at 978-744-4799 and tell them you are a Salem State Participant.