Full course description
Building Lean Practices in Your Business
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
9 am - 3:30 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
In this program, you will learn how all functions, individuals, and systems work together to deliver true value to customers creating competitive advantage and lasting business results. Item covered include:
- Key values of lean
- True North and the Line of Sight to the organizational goals
- Hoshin Planning/Policy Deployment and its role as a management system in a Lean Enterprise
- The challenges organizations face in implementing a lean transformation and suggested methods to deal with those challenges.
In order to get real sustainable results in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and morale, one must bring all the tools of lean to work together as a system. Items covered include:
- Stability, flow, leveling, pull, standard work
- Visual enterprise and how to manage your visual systems
- value-streams and value-stream mapping as a continuous improvement tool
- Wast and continuous removal of waste
Lean is, at heart, a people-based system, and the success of any lean transformation depends on the engagement of every employee in the process for continuous business improvement, and their willingness and ability to solve increasingly complex problems. In the course of the training, we will discuss selection, training, involvement, and supervisory practices that create the foundation for lean. We will also discuss leadership mindsets and behaviors that support the development of the culture of continuous improvement.
PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- PDCA is a discipline that holds all organizational processes together and improves them on a continuous basis
- The work of management so suport PDCA
- Structured problem solving to close organizational gaps
- Lean management system
- The role of leaders in building the lean organization
NOTE: Parking Permit will be emailed to you the day before the class begins.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting. 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting. In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge, no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information.