Full course description
PRESENTING WITH CONFIDENCE
Tuesdays and Thursdays
May 28 - June 6, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
This course provides both techniques and practice in preparing, organizing, and delivering effective oral presentations. Participants will learn skillful delivery after designing the most appropriate training materials for their audience. Organizing thoughts in a logical and concise manner with a systematic design and structure of your content is key to successful delivery. We will review which delivery modality to use when: talking head, powerpoint, small groups, manuals, handouts, video, etc. The course explores body language; the use of voice volume, pitch, rate, and quality as assets to speaking and a segment on how to use technology seamlessly for the greatest punch. Participants are required to bring a presentation topic; regardless of the stage of the process of presentation design. Participants will learn techniques during the morning segment and practice your presentation during the afternoon segment of the workshop.
· Attract and keep your audience’s attention
· Start and finish with poise and assurance
· Present the right appearance – dress and posture
· Use body language and voice dynamics appropriately
· Manage questions effectively
· Deal with difficult questions and difficult behavior
· Create an attention-getting introduction and a powerful close
NOTE: A parking permit will be emailed to all registered/paid participants shortly before the class date.