Full course description
Interviewing Skills for the Job Candidate
Friday, March 27, 2020
8:30 am - 3 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
most people, interviewing for a new job or a promotion brings on feelings of
stress - maybe even panic. Most job applicants struggle with nerves before an
interview. The best tactic to reduce frayed nerves is preparation; this course
provides the learner with effective interview skills and strategies that
prepare the candidate and increase interviewing confidence.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- · Understand the purpose of an interview and the interview process
- · Recognize different types of interviews
- · Prepare for an interview following the STAR model
- · Practice behavioral interviewing
- · Identify follow up interview responsibilities
- Types of Interviews
- The Interview Process
- Four steps of a behavioral interviewing question and answer: Situation-Task - Action – Result
- Common interview questions and how to answer
NOTE: A parking permit will be emailed to all registered/paid participants shortly before the class date.
In-Person Class Refund Policy: 100% refund before the first class meeting; 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting.
Online Class Refund Policy: In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge) no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information