Full course description
The Magic of Teams: Synergy, Strength and Success
June 27, 2018 9 am - 3:30 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
We will answer the questions:
- What makes my team tick?
- What can you do as the team leader to improve day to day interactions to create more cohesion and effectiveness?
We will look at the Four Stages of a Team and the Seven Keys to Effective Teamwork. After completing a self- assessment instrument you will discover your personal team player style and how to bring the knowledge of styles to your team. When everyone on the team knows their style, team interactions become much more dynamic. We will discuss how personal values affect working relationships including "success secrets" from actual teams who have shared tips regarding their own success.
The course includes a segment on how to lead, efficient and productive team meetings - a key leadership skill. You will certainly walk away with practical and proven techniques you can apply right away.
- Definition of Values, Team and Synergy
- Example: Rowing and Teamwork
THE MAGIC OF TEAMS
- Stages of a Team
- Seven Keys to Effective Teamwork
- Teamwork on the Fly – Five Steps
TEAM PLAYER STYLES – CREATING SUCCESS
- Take the Parker Team Player Survey
- What is your Style? Interpreting Survey Results
- Increasing Your Effectiveness: Techniques
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES – CREATING SYNERGY
- Principles to Work By / Five Global Values
- Success Secrets from Entrepreneur Magazine
LEADING TEAM MEETINGS – A FINE ART
- A Template for Leading an Effective Meeting
NOTE: A parking permit will be emailed to all registered/paid participants shortly before the class date.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting; 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting.
In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge) no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information